October 31, 2008

3M Launches First Pocket Projector

Once only a fantasy in the minds of technophiles like me (I admit), a pocket-size projector has been the Holy Grail of gadgets for many years. Now it’s arrived. 3M recently sent samples of their MPro110 mini projector to electronic industry writers, and it immediately made an impact.





“I plugged it into a DVD player and watched Blackhawk Down on my desk — literally, on it, as I aimed it at my white desktop. It also worked on the wall, on a piece of 8.5-by-11-inch printer paper and on the back of my colleague, Doug,” one critic said.

Images are discernable up to about 11 inches across, even under bright fluorescent office lights. But they are definitely faded. In a dark room, you can project a big enough image to be the ultimate inexpensive home theater!

The projector will sell for a mere $359 (US).

NOTE #1: it doesn’t have a speaker, so you have to get that separately.
NOTE #2: A VGA input lets you plug in a laptop; and the composite video jack will take output from a digital camera, PSP, iPod, iPhone, or most any handheld device. COOL!!!

Cybercast credit: YouTube

No comments: