March 25, 2007

Seeing Red with Magnify.net

Don't know about you, but I've been sick and tired of watching mostly "Preview Image Not Available" on Search Video's roll (under the calendar). So I decided to try another widget, available free at Steve Rosenbaum's Magnify.net. The choice was easy, after seeing how simple it was to set up our iTV 21 channel on the site.

Steve started Camera Planet 21 years ago with six dollars and a VHS camcorder. Now they're one of the largest producers and distributors of film, tv, and documentary projects in New York City. Recently he founded Magnify Media to enable all of us to freely use the technology they developed. As he says:

"I've been making media my entire life. Documentaries, tv programs, feature docs. But always with a middleman calling the tune, and paying the cost of production. For as long as I can remember, I was hoping for a day when the people that I made media for would pay (or not pay if they didn't like the work). Well I believe that time is now. Distribution is the future of media - and we'll work with our friends and partners to figure out this critically important piece of the puzzle."

Alas, the roll just rolls red rectangles, loading nothing. Another thing is, that the videos - Jaw Dropping Fire Poi...Super Pussy (it's NOT what you think, you...), Twisted Transistor, etc... - had nothing to do with the category I specified: Web Communities & Services. You do get to see the videos on their original sites, though, if you click on them. (Not on the image below, but the real thing.)


No problem, Steve - we'll wait for this to work. You and your crew certainly have your hands and screens full. Thanks for the opportunity!

No comments: