February 12, 2007

Internettvlist.com, As The "Premier Resource for Internet TV???"

Trying to find new marketing venues, I clicked my way to Internettvlist.com, which touts itself as "The Premier Resource for Internet TV, online TV Guide & Pre-Recorded, Live TV webcasts." These it supposedly serves up in a number of ways:

* Internet tv
* Web video clips
* Music videos
* News
* Tv shows
* Tv broadcasting
* Shoutcast
* Webcasts
* Streaming video
* Live TV
* Online TV Guide
* Live TV directory

I'm already lost here as to the difference between any of these as far as the delivery medium is concerned. Except for the online TV Guide / live TV directory, the rest must be broadcast the same way on the web, regardless of it being called "Internet tv," Web video," "Webcast," Music video," whatever. But why confuse when there is nobody to convince? Ahhh - I know - Usama must be watching!

Maybe not - Al-Jazeera is not featured, or I couldn't find it. On the other hand, they have listings from Canada, the UK, Russia, and by languages: Spanish, Portuguese, German and French. By random selection, I go to:

1) The German internet TV channel:
- The latest news from French National Assembly??? also in French and English...and
- Bloomberg Television - yes in German, French, and thank God, English too!!! The fun really starts when you click on the link . I got the "Sorry, the page you requested does not exist or cannot be served at this time" message. Wow! Obviously, Bloomberg checks where you come from so I was spared from reading the error message in German....

2) The German Web TV list:

- The latest news from French National Assembly...and
- Bloomberg Television....



Just how German is that? And what's the difference between web tv and internet tv? See what I mean?

Now, clicking on ANY other "Watch it..." link in ANY channel produced nothing else but a link to a website. NO web tv or internet tv here! DON'T BOTHER to list your own program or channel on this "Internet TV list!" Notice: I'm not even giving you a link to it here. What a waste of time, except to show, literally, that the difference between web tv, itv, etc. is a HUGE ZERO.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Internet tv.. so hot right now. internet tv. So ya'll should check out this fine little specimen of a site: http://www.viewmy.tv

I think you shall find it much to your liking, it is definitly my fav so far. so maaaany channels.. most of the others only have about 60-90. this one has something ridiculous like 800 or 900. crazy huh.

June Marshall said...

Madeline - you are right, http://www.viewmy.tv looks really cool. I'll do a post on it as soon as I can!