January 21, 2007

Vimeo, You Lost My Video



After easily spending an hour to write the caption, tags, uploading a 23 Meg video, waiting for it to convert to Flash, copying the embed code and inserting it into the new FrySmart™ page on CulinArt's website, what happens?

The video is steaming down to my test page like a charm. I kick my heels back. Life is good. Until...it just disappears!

Upon switching to my the iTV21 pages on Vimeo - yep, that's me - I find everything, but EVERYTHING related to the FrySmart video GONE. I try to IM Dalas, the tech support guy on AIM. You're not glued to your PC Sunday night Dalas, leaving me in the lurch???

So I fire up Blip.tv, go through the hoops again, to get to where I started. Thank YOU, Vimeo...yes, I read you were in beta...now I KNOW.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry I was unavailable for you to speak with. I have a 40 hour work week and as one person I cannot be available 24/7. Usually if you send me an email, I respond quickly, even on weekends.

Vimeo is not the appropriate forum for the type of video you were looking to host. Your video appeared to be basically an infomercial. I wish you the best of luck finding a site that would serve your commercial purposes better.

Regards,

dalas verdugo

June Marshall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi Dalas,

I meant it as a joke that you weren't available 24/7...I have full time job too....

You're right, the FrySmart video looks like an infomercial. It is not - I don't sell anything to customers. I made it to demonstrate my new reduced fat potato chip invention on my www.culinart.com website.

If you think this is a worthwhile cause, I'll re-submit. If not, no hard feelings.

Best, Steve Kingsley