April 7, 2008

Tell Your Story in Video : Compel Me to Watch

You can be a tech wizard; hire real(ly good) actors and actresses; spend on marketing like no tomorrow; you can do everything in style, yet end up with a dud. If your story and the script, based on your story sucks, nothing will save it from oblivion. Fortunately, there are videos about how to make very good videos, such as the one from Norm Mintle at Regent University. Here he explains the techniques of storytelling, specifically the importance of creating a story that follows Confucius's advice: "Involve me and I will understand." In other words, you must make it so compelling I can’t stop watching.





I must admit that this, and the other pieces I plan to post could be considered "infomercials." FYI, I have no connection to Regent, nor do I receive anything from any other source (meaning advertising revenue) to show them. I find them compelling enough to show. I trust so will you.

Upcoming postings will be about:

- Casting
- Cinematography
- Lighting

Cybercast credit: YouTube and Regent University

No comments: